2020-2021 Graduates: AB 104 Pass or No Pass
July 30, 2021

2020-2021 Graduates: AB 104 Pass or No Pass

Graduates of the Class of 2021,

This summer, the California legislature passed AB 1041 allowing students to have their 2020-2021 school year grades changed to a Pass or No Pass grade.

Before you decide to change your grades to Pass or No Pass, contact your College or University to see if they will accept a Pass or No Pass grade for admissions. The following is a list of postsecondary institutions who for the 2020–21 through 2023–24 school year, will accept, for admission purposes2, a transcript with a Pass or No Pass grade instead of a letter grade for an applicant pursuant to Education Code Section 49066.5(b).

Official Postsecondary Institution Name

California State University Schools:

  • California State University, Bakersfield
  • California State University Channel Islands
  • California State University, Chico
  • California State University, Dominguez Hills
  • California State University, East Bay
  • California State University, Fresno
  • California State University, Fullerton
  • Humboldt State University
  • California State University, Long Beach
  • California State University, Los Angeles
  • California State University Maritime Academy
  • California State University, Monterey Bay
  • California State University, Northridge
  • California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
  • California State University, Sacramento
  • California State University, San Bernardino
  • San Diego State University
  • San Francisco State University
  • San José State University
  • California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
  • California State University San Marcos
  • Sonoma State University
  • California State University, Stanislaus
  • University of California (UC) Schools:
  • UC Berkeley
  • UC Davis
  • UC Irvine
  • UC Los Angeles
  • UC Merced
  • UC Riverside
  • UC San Diego
  • UC San Francisco
  • UC Santa Barbara
  • UC Santa Cruz

Private Universities:

  • Saint Mary's College of California
  • Holy Names University
  • Pitzer College
  • University of La Verne
  • Westmont College
  • Santa Clara University
  • University of Saint Katherine
  • University of Southern California
  • ArtCenter College of Design
  • California Baptist University
  • University of San Francisco
  • La Sierra University
  • Mount Saint Mary's University

Both the CSU and UC systems have issued guidance on how they will handle admissions and GPA calculations for transcripts with Pass or No Pass grades. The CSU information can be found here, and UC information can be found here. AB 104 requires CSU schools, and encourages UC and private postsecondary schools, to accept without prejudice any transcripts with Pass/No Pass grades.

Students will have until August 13, to request a grade change. To request a grade change to a Pass or No Pass, complete this form and turn into the ECHS front office no later than Friday, August 13, 2021.


Jorge Torres, ECHS Principal

Lesley Clifton, ECHS Flex Principal

1Pursuant to Education Code Section 49066.5 (2)(b): The parent, guardian, or education rights holder of a pupil or, for a pupil 18 years of age or older, the pupil who was enrolled in high school and enrolled in a course during the 2020–21 school year may apply to the pupil’s local educational agency to have a letter grade earned for that course, as reflected on the pupil’s transcript, changed to a Pass or No Pass grade.

2Be aware that scholarships and acceptance to certain programs within a college or university may not honor the Pass or No Pass

Share +