Grade 9 College Seminar
Date and time
Aug. 8, 2019 | 6:30pm
Please be reminded the freshmen seminar, Bridging the Gap, for parents of 9th grade students will be held on Thursday, August 9, at 6:30 p.m. in the ECHS theater.
Bridging the Gap is one of a series of grade-level seminars designed and provided by the ECHS Student Services team. Unlike the other college-bound seminars, Bridging the Gap is designed for parents; therefore, students are not expected to attend. Also, please be reminded parents of freshmen students must have at least one parent attend.
The purpose of the 9th grade seminar is to provide parents with the information and tools necessary to effectively help their students be successful in high school. This hands-on program is designed to address the specific issues and concerns facing parents with students in ninth grade. The following topics will be addressed during the program:
- What do I need to know to help my student be successful in high school?
- What are the academic expectations at ECHS?
- What tools can I use to help my student achieve academic success in high school?
- How can I create an orderly, structured study environment at home?
- Why is it important for my student to participate in extra-curricular activities?
- Why is it important for my student to participate in community service?
- How can I stay informed about events and important information at ECHS?
With the numerous academic and social challenges facing today's high school students, the seminar is a wonderful way for parents to become informed about these challenges. Please take advantage of this opportunity to learn more about the tools available to help your student succeed in high school.